HR Business Partner
HR Business Partner
📍Hybrid – Travel to Manchester/Wakefield studios
Team17 is a leading independent video games label and creative partner for developers from all over the world. We develop and publish games to bring quality gaming experiences to players across multiple platforms.
We focus on premium, rather than free to play games, and we’ve launched over 100 games, including the iconic and well-established Worms franchise, as well as Overcooked and The Escapists. Our own and third party games have topped charts on most gaming platforms and we have won many awards from BAFTAs to Golden Joysticks and more.
In 2018 we floated on the London Stock Exchange and recently celebrated 30 years in the games industry; an achievement that can only come in the fast paced and constantly evolving games industry by investing in a process of continual innovation and improvement and reacting in an agile manner to technological change.
What You Will be Working On as a HR Business Partner
Working closely with the HR Director, the role will help to drive and implement Team17’s People Strategy by partnering with senior leaders and their departments as we prepare for further growth and transformation.
With a highly commercial perspective, the HR Business Partner will provide proactive, expert and strategic guidance to heads of departments and managers in the areas of organisational change and design, resource planning, talent development, reward & recognition, and employee relations.
The role will also have line management responsibility for an HR Advisor, and be responsible for ensuring the operational needs of the business are handled effectively and efficiently
People & Culture Strategy
- Working with the HR Director, support the design and delivery of various transformation projects to prepare and support the business through continued growth, and deliver solutions that are modern, dynamic, savvy and inventive to suit Team17’s unique culture.
- Support the HR Director to establish and build the HR team’s credibility as experts and enablers, so that department heads actively seek guidance and advice from our team on strategic matters.
Organisation Change and Design
- Provide advice and guidance to department heads to ensure their organisation design is fit for future growth plans and evolving resource needs, and support them on the effective management of any change.
- Support department heads to maintain the integrity of their organisation design in balance with a performance based, meritocratic culture by developing and coaching line managers to maintain a principled approach to their people decisions.
- Develop solid relationships with department heads and actively participate in their team meetings where appropriate to thoroughly understand their business needs and priorities.
- Identify critical business issues or challenges, and develop well-thought out people strategies and solutions to have a desired impact on the organisation or business operations.
- Identify HR trends or updates that may have an impact on our business, and work with department heads to incorporate this into their thinking and plans.
- Work with the HR Director to formulate and implement a learning strategy that will support the company’s future plans and talent needs, as well as employee development and career planning.
- Partner with department heads to encourage longer-term planning around talent pipelines, skills requirements, and succession plans.
- Drive the development and pipeline of managers across the company to ensure we have the desired levels of experience, skills and leadership capabilities to fulfil the anticipated future needs of the business.
Pay, Reward & Benefits
- Support the HR Director in establishing pay and reward philosophies that will enable and support the business strategy.
- Maintain the integrity of the company’s Job Level Framework and pay review principles through coaching and guiding managers on compensation philosophies and practices regarding base pay, incentive schemes, merit increases, salary reviews and any other compensation related topics, while ensuring a fair and equitable approach is applied.
Inclusion & Belonging
- Work alongside the HR Director and Talent Acquisition Manager to initiate or encourage strategies that support an inclusive culture where differences are welcomed and everyone feels an authentic sense of belonging.
- Actively seek opportunities to influence or drive change within the industry to create space and opportunity for greater intersectional diversity.
What You'll Need
- A strategic mindset, with demonstrable commercial awareness whereby you are able to fully engage with leaders and provide expert, pragmatic, savvy and inventive solutions.
- A track record of working in partnership with business leaders and understanding their key drivers in order to measurably improve people management practices.
- Demonstrable ability to effectively influence and guide leaders, through offering solutions to drive positive change and an ability to flex communication styles to suit a creatively-minded as well as a commercially-minded audience.
- Excellent management skills, with the ability to engage, motivate and manage a high-performing HR team.
- Experience of working with job level frameworks, and/or managing various pay and reward structure
What's In It For You?
- Annual Bonus, pension matched up to 8%, Share Save Scheme and £1000 of free shares for all Teamsters!
- Dedicated learning time - In addition to organised learning and conferences, you will have 6 days per year for self-directed learning.
- BUPA private medical insurance including cover for pre-existing conditions and BUPA Dental
- Work Anywhere! From home, via one of our 3 offices or a combination of the two.
- Game Console loans of up to £500, Game Keys, free use of arcade games, pool tables, Gaming competitions. Oh and look out for a range of treats sent to your home throughout the year celebrating Life at Team 17 and our successes!
The Interview Process
The interview process for the Producer role is made up of 4 stages:
- Screening call (20 minutes) – A member of the TA team will call you to discuss your application, a brief summary of your experience and run over the expectations of the role
- First interview (60 minutes) – You'll meet our HR Director, Lauren Baldwin, and Head of TA, Si Halkyard, to discuss your experience to date along with running over the details of the position in greater depth. You'll be welcome to answer any questions about the position and Team17 as well.
- Second interview (60 minutes) – You'll meet our HR Director and a couple of additional stakeholders to deliver a short presentation on a task sent to you prior to the interview. This will be followed by some situational-based questions and a further opportunity for you to ask any additional questions.
- Final stage (30 mins) - A meeting with our HR & Wellbeing Advisor, Joe Dryden.
You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Team17 is an equal opportunities employer with a commitment to building a diverse workforce, representative of the world we live and game in! Accessibility is at the heart of our games and we reflect that in how we operate as a business. We can provide suitable adjustments for during our recruitment processes from audio support to extra time on assessments.
Should you require adjustments or flexible arrangements to interview, or take up a role at Team17, please let us know in the notes section of your application and be reassured that this will not affect your application.
Your application has been successfully submitted.