AppLovin enables developers to grow their business. Businesses rely on AppLovin’s market leading technologies to solve their mission-critical functions with a powerful, full stack solution including user acquisition, monetization and measurement. AppLovin is headquartered in Palo Alto, California with several offices globally.
To deliver on this mission, our global team is composed of team members with life experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives that mirror our developers and customers around the world. At AppLovin, we are intentional about the team and culture we are building, seeking candidates who are outstanding in their own right and also demonstrate their support of others. Equality is essential to our purpose – our people are key to cultivating a culture of belonging where employees can engage as their true selves.
Fortune recognized AppLovin as one of the Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2022, alongside The San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal who have also awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work for the past four years. Check out the rest of our awards HERE .
As the HR Manager you will be responsible for leading a cross-functional HR and Talent acquisition team with global responsibility across multiple business groups. You will provide management and coaching to team members as well as work hands on with our leaders and teams to provide thought leadership and coaching to drive and support business objectives. You will shape our people strategies, and help lead our efforts to build and deploy People programs, tools and resources that facilitate efficiency and impact to our customers and function. You will mentor and coach others across the People team.
- Understand our strategy, challenges, business initiatives and business model including our subsidiary organizations in which you will provide management.
- Direct, develop and drive the global workforce planning and strategies by acquiring and maintaining in-depth knowledge of the business, not limited to budget, revenue and product and portfolio roadmaps.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition (TA), Learning & Development (L&D), People Operations, Compensation and Finance to ensure a feasible, pro-active workforce plan is in place and well executed.
- Provide strategic advice, counsel and consultative solutions to executives on people management aspects of their business including organizational design, headcount planning and hiring, internal mobility, career development, performance management, engagement, recognition, and employee relations.
- Lead client groups through HR-related initiatives (performance management, compensation planning, talent development, surveys, employee experience, etc.)Collaborate and consult on the design and delivery of HR programs with the centers of excellence within the People team including DEI, Compensation, Operations, L&D and TA to deliver effective solutions to the business.
- Act as the advocate for leading the talent management and development plans for client business units with a focus on enhancing the quality of leaders and managers, building skills and capabilities of the workforce and ensuring succession bench strength.
- Develop and monitor key business metrics. Able to identify trends and proactively recommend solutions to improve performance, retention, and employee experience.
- Provide consultative support and guidance to managers on implementation and execution of core HR programs including how to appropriately manage and resolve complex HR issues including employee investigations, talent strategy and total rewards.
- Partner to communicate and educate on policies, procedures, and compliance while effectively navigating business practicality and common sense.
- Leverage best practices and identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Champion the growth and development of employee culture and morale.
Who You Are:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years experience in HR function(s) with progressive success as a strategic HR business partner/manager with a strong working knowledge of all key functional areas such as talent acquisition, employee relations, compensation, benefits, mobility, diversity, equity and inclusion, learning and development.
- Experience developing HRBP or TA individuals/teams.
- Experience managing a variety of HR functions and on various HR programs and projects.
- Successful track record of working with all employee levels including executive level leadership in a global, fast-paced technology organization with both technical and non-technical teams.
- Able to use high judgment and operate with high standards in a dynamic, ambiguous builder mentality culture.
- Results oriented mentality - demonstrates high initiative, ownership, and provides leadership coaching to enable outcomes that are healthy for the organization.
- Comfortable working with data and able to use data to identify insights and trends.
- Has a strong eye for detail with excellent written and verbal communication. A strategic problem solver with a solution mindset. You have the ability to look at a problem from multiple perspectives and adjust your approach based on new information.
- Ability to interpret and communicate data effectively with strong analytical skills.
- Must be well versed in using HR systems (Workday, Greenhouse) as well as Google Sheets, Excel and similar programs.
- Collaborative, strategic, roll up your sleeves/hands-on results oriented leader and team player who thrives on helping others meet their goals.
- Provide employees with responsive, high-quality guidance and counsel on HR services, policies and activities.
AppLovin provides a competitive total compensation package with a pay for performance rewards approach. The expected base pay range for this position is $149,000 - $235,000. Base compensation at AppLovin is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Depending on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical and other benefits.
AppLovin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or other legally protected characteristics. Learn more about EEO rights as an applicant here.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or recruiting process, please send us a request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AppLovin will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you’re applying for a position in California, learn more here.
If you are a California resident, read our CA Privacy Noti
Your application has been successfully submitted.