HR Business Partner - Sledgehammer Games
We are seeking an HR Business Partner who will help our company succeed by supporting our teams with varied strengths. Our HR Business Partners play a key role in cultivating an inclusive team culture, driving company growth and revenue, and fostering a creative environment.
This position will lead and partner with centralized teams to support talent attraction, retention, succession, pipeline planning and workforce optimization; performance and total rewards management, employee productivity, and policy interpretation and application.
Additional responsibilities include organizational design and effectiveness; career progression initiatives; and coaching and training. This role will report to the Senior Director HR, SHG and will partner with Toronto Studio leadership team members to ensure Sledgehammer Games is supported in reaching its goals.
This position requires a mixture of people-focused and analytical skills. We are seeking somebody who can be data-driven, collaborative, influential, and can work effectively across a highly matrixed environment.
- Provide day-to-day support and coaching to leaders on a variety of actions to enable them to best lead their teams
- Provide on-the-ground support on all things people and culture
- In consultation with the Senior Director, HR, develop and deliver a people strategy driven by the annual and long-term commercial plans, translating the business requirements into effective and modern initiatives
- Ensure employee and critical partners' impact are at the forefront of organizational decisions, and any changes are planned and thoughtfully implemented with strong integrity
- Create and maintain strong networks and relations (informal and formal) with all team members, employee network groups, external artners, and industry communities
- Work closely with our Centers of Excellence to drive integrity and accountability for the effective implementation of the annual HR cycle to facilitate beneficial delivery, including performance management, workforce and talent planning, and total rewards.
- Partner with the DE&I team to build an inclusive culture and an environment where our people can come to work and ‘be their best.’
- Ensure our EVP is relevant and driving the right behaviors/outcomes
- Identify levers and develop strategies that measurably improve engagement, equity, inclusion, and retention (e.g. pulse/engagement surveys, talent assessments, exit surveys)
- Key contact for Health and Safety issues to ensure a safe working environment and proper ergonomics set up for all (on-site and remote)
- Actively participate in annual budget planning/staffing forecasting process
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Organizational Behavior, or a related field.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in all aspects of HR
- Proven commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Experience directly supporting senior leaders, influencing leaders to make better people decisions
- Highest level of integrity with a proven ability to gain trust from all levels of the organization
- Experience assessing leadership and organizational talent; identifying talent gaps and successfully implementing initiatives to support
- Comfort using facts and data to build people-centric cases; for example, the use of staffing models and other analytical tools
- Creativity and out-of-the-box thinking
- High EQ, passion, and strong critical thinking skills
- Enthusiasm, commitment, and drive
- Exceptional project management skills with a demonstrated track record of delivering high-quality results in a fast-paced and complex environment
- Highly comfortable and effective using video conferencing tools to successfully conduct and participate in meetings
- Prior experience in gaming is a plus!
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the gaming industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Activision is the leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and products on consoles, mobile and PC.