Human Resource Service Advisor
Human Resource Service Advisor job in SCA Health which has grown to 11,000 teammates who care for 1 million patients each year and support physician specialists holistically in many aspects of patient care. Together, our teammates create value in specialty care by aligning physicians, health plans and health systems around a common goal: delivering on the quadruple aim of high-quality outcomes and a better experience for patients and providers, all at a lower total cost of care.
As part of Optum, we participate in an integrated care delivery system that enables us to support our partners as they navigate a complex healthcare environment, Only SCA Health has a dynamic group of physician-driven, specialty care businesses that allows us to customize solutions, no matter the need or challenge:
- We connect patients to physicians in new and differentiated ways as part of Optum and with our new Specialty Management Solutions business.
- We have pioneered a physician-led, multi-site model of practice solutions that restores physician agency by aligning incentives to support growth and transition to value-based care.
- We lead the industry in value-based payment solutions through our Global 1 bundled payment convener, that provides easy predictable billing to patients.
- We help physicians address everything beyond surgical procedures, including anesthesia and ancillary service lines.
The new SCA Health represents who we are today and where we are going—and the growing career opportunities for YOU.
The HR Service Advisor is a member of the SCA Health HR Team reporting to the Manager, Payroll Operations to support teammates and leaders utilizing HR Service Delivery platform to offer support, guidance and thought partnership for administering timely and accurate payroll for all teammates.
The HR Service Advisor is responsible for applying business knowledge and payroll expertise to support our teammates, leaders, and processes by providing excellent customer service to ensure we facilitate a work environment that is in line with our SCA Health values, keeps patient care and teammate experience at the forefront, and ensures compliance with all federal, state and local laws to mitigate risks for employment and payroll related liabilities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Provide excellent customer service and consistently demonstrate professional demeanor, as well as discretion and sensitivity in handling confidential information.
- Serve as a main point of contact and subject matter expert for general payroll inquiries and case response for payroll team in Teammate Service Center
- Respond to ServiceNow inquires for all payroll related matters within established service level agreements (SLA).
- Enter and complete wage corrections in the payroll system.
- Train and educate HR Generalists on case management workflows for continuous improvement in service delivery.
- Maintain general knowledge of current federal, state, and local tax legislation, including tax implications of a remote workforce.
- Timely review and manage Participant Tax Summary Report and TSN.
- Responsible for ensuring the integrity and confidentiality of payroll and personnel information including files and data in electronic, written, and oral forms.
- Identify and drive continuous process improvements consistent with industry best practices.
- Focus on operational efficiency striving to reduce payroll errors and improve teammate experience.
- Act independently based on subject matter expertise and escalate issues and unusual problems to supervisor.
- Work closely with internal cross functional team and vendors to ensure accurate funding occurs for all accounts, tax remittance, general ledger balancing, and fiscal/calendar year-end deliverables are completed in a timely manner.
- Other ad hoc projects or work as directed by your supervisor.
- Provides data, reports and analysis as requested.
- Manages projects according to our policies and protocols.
- Level of Formal Education: High School diploma/GED required, BA or BS preferred
- Area of Study: HR, Finance, Tax, or Payroll
- Years of Experience: 3-5 years functional payroll experience. Higher education can substitute experience.
- Special Certifications: FPC or CPP preferred
- Must be highly organized and able to handle multiple priorities simultaneously andwork in a complex, cross-functional team environment.
- Ability to mentor and develop others.
- Ability to strategize, create and drive processes
- Expertise in HR policies and procedures including best practices.
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion.
- Experience with interpreting and applying state, federal and local employment laws and regulations.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Experience working with MS Office software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with integrated Human Capital Management Systems.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Future of Specialty Care