- Job Title: HR Administrator
- Location: Frognal, Hampstead, London, NW3 6XH
- Contract: Permanent, Part-time 21 hours per week.
- Salary: 15,000 – 18,000.00 (25,000 – 30,000 FTE)
To support the HR Advisor, Payroll Officer and Head of HR in all aspects of the department across the Foundation and UCS Active for both academic, support staff, volunteers and contractors. This will include administrative support to HR and payroll and to act as a gatekeeper and first point of contact for the department.
The HR Administrator will report directly to the HR Advisor who provides support and advice to staff regarding a wide range of HR issues. The HR Advisor reports to the Head of HR. The Administrator will also have a strong working relationship with the Payroll Officer, who reports into the Head of HR.
- Updating, maintaining and monitoring the Single Central Record for the Foundation, including those attending training, in line with the ISI guidelines, including escalation of non-compliance to colleagues. Updating the HR/Payroll database and the SIMS database with starters and leavers, salary and contract changes on a regular basis Acting as gatekeeper and first point of contact for the HR Department. This would include meeting and greeting department visitors and using initiative to manage staff queries before they are forwarded to the HR department Providing administrative support for the Foundation; including drafting contracts, salary letters and other documentation. Maintaining physical and electronic personnel files for all UCS staff and contractors and updating as necessary with regards to changes in contracts, employee relation issues and other information such as training and development certificates and fit notes Providing information on and administering staff benefits alongside the HR Advisor Ad-hoc admin duties; school workforce census data, assisting with reading parent volunteers, student exchange trips and annual staff gift giving (Christmas)
The above list of duties does not represent an exhaustive list of duties and the HR Administrator may be required to assist with other requirements to support the HR team in performing their role within the foundation.
Health and Safety
The post holder is required to make positive efforts to maintain his/her own personal safety and that of others by taking reasonable care, carrying out the requirements of the law and following recognised codes of practice. The post holder is also required to be aware of and comply with policies on Health and Safety.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION/PERSON SPECIFICATION
- At least two years’ experience in an administrative role with a range of responsibilities
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and comfortable with routine work.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and work under ever changing circumstances
- Articulate, accurate and efficient
- Ability to use own initiative, following a task through to a successful conclusion; alternatively, seeking out opportunities to make a contribution to the department and work with others
- Highly organised with the ability to organise others and to manage deadlines whilst maintaining high quality standards
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to act professionally at all levels
- Flexible and able to multitask
- Team player
- ICT skills – confident with MS office and at least up to intermediate on Word, Excel and Outlook and ability to learn new software
- CIPD certified or working towards an HR qualification
- Experience in a HR role.
- Knowledge of the ISI regulations, Equality Act and GDPR 2018. Knowledge of UK Visa tier system
- Knowledge of administering pre-employment checks such as DBS, overseas, references etc.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
An Enlightened Education