Senior People Operations Generalist
Senior People-Ops Generalist
ALL SOURCEGRAPH ROLES ARE FULLY REMOTE
Who we are
Our mission at Sourcegraph is to make it so that everyone can code, not just ~0.1% of the population. Our code intelligence platform helps developers and companies with billions of lines of code create the software you use every day. By enabling more people to code, we believe we will create economic opportunity across the world and will drive progress that benefits everyone.
It’s an exciting time to join Sourcegraph. Our business is growing rapidly: we’ve experienced exponential growth and our $125M Series D from Andreessen Horowitz and $50M Series C from Sequoia have given us the opportunity to make big ambitious bets on our future. We have a huge market (every company that builds software) and massive opportunity (most developers haven’t even heard of code intelligence yet, but once you’ve used it, you can’t live without it–just like Google). By continuing to hire exceptional people, we have the opportunity to make Sourcegraph one of the biggest technology companies in the world.
Given that we are an all-remote company and hire almost anywhere in the world, we don’t have a particular time-zone preference for this role.
Why this job is exciting
As our Senior People Operations Generalist, you will be a key member of our People team, reporting to our Director of People-Ops. In this role, you will be supporting various programs across all aspects of the talent lifecycle, including onboarding, development, and retention. If you are passionate about solving problems and creating unique teammate experiences, this role is for you.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for:
- Design and improve key people processes (onboarding, compliance, benefits, employee relations, etc.)
- Driving teammate learning & engagement through programming and enablement content
- Providing day-to-day guidance for teammates and leaders
- Supporting ad hoc people projects as needed
Within one month, you will
- Meet & shadow current members of the People team, and start building relationships with cross-functional stakeholders
- Begin developing an understanding of Sourcegraph’s people processes and systems
- Identify opportunities for automation and efficiency
Within three months, you will
- Improve on and/or build out and operationalize People Ops processes and workflows
- Begin making recommendations for potential policy adjustments to ensure compliance
- Execute on ad hoc projects that support broader People Ops objectives and strategy
Within six months, you will
- Support teammates in areas including, but not limited to benefits, internal mobility, company policies and procedures, and enablement.
- Consistently meet or exceed your goals
Within one year, you will
- Play a critical role in keeping Sourcegraph’s people programs and processes on track and evolving.
As a Senior People-ops Generalist, you are a self-starter who has experience building processes from the ground up in a fast paced, global environment . You know how to build strong partnerships with teammates, have a service-oriented mindset, can assist us in streamlining and scaling our operations, and are well-versed in US employment law.
- 6+ years of experience as a people (HR) generalist or similar
- An in-depth understanding of US employment law (understanding of international employment law is a plus)
- Proven ability to build effective partnerships with cross-functional stakeholders
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of organizational and project management skills
- Effective at independently proposing solutions to challenges
- Experience solving complex employee relations issues
- Technical know how with People Systems and Analytics
Nice to haves:
- Experience supporting technical talent development (Example: Engineering/Developers)
- Experience with global people operations
We pay you an above-average salary because we want to hire the best people who are fully focused on helping Sourcegraph succeed, not worried about paying bills. You will have the flexibility to work and live anywhere in the world (unless specified otherwise in the job description), and we’ll never take your location or current/past salary information into account when determining your compensation. As an open and transparent company that values equitable and competitive compensation for everyone, we are working hard to make our compensation ranges visible across the board. To determine your salary, we use a number of market and data-driven salary sources and target the high-end of the range, ensuring that we’re always paying above market regardless of where you live.
The target compensation for this role is between $155,000 and $174,000 USD Base.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A code intelligence platform to help you understand, fix, and automate across all your code.