Director, People (APAC)
The People team enables Snap’s continued success by hiring great people, helping them grow, rewarding them, and building healthy and productive workplaces. The People Team is composed of Talent, Total Rewards, IDEA, Data & Analytics, People & Recruiting Operations, Council and Employee Relations. Together, they collaborate with the business to reinforce our values of Kind, Smart, and Creative across our global offices, every day. This team empowers everyone at Snap to do their best work, be themselves, and feel part of a cohesive, global community.
We’re looking for a Director, People (APAC) to join the People Team!
What you’ll do:
- Build and implement a talent strategy for Snap’s APAC operating regions, anticipating local trends and complex challenges and opportunities, and ensure integration with wider People Team mission and strategy. Identify the capabilities needed to meet the current and emerging business needs for the geographies you support. Evaluate current capabilities, identify gaps, and prioritize recruiting and development activities.
- Partner with and support senior regional executives and country managers, building professional credibility and mutual trust, and ensuring that internal clients have access to high-quality advice and direction to support in delivering business strategy and plans.
- Create recruiting campaigns to attract high-quality candidates; clarify hiring objectives, including in support of building a diverse and inclusive workforce and determine effective operational and measurement plans.
- Develop HR frameworks and tools, ensuring that these meet business needs, align with internal programs and practices, and reflect customs, norms, and regulations in the operating region you support.
- Manage and report on the performance of your organization; set stretch performance objectives for team members and hold them accountable for achieving these; inspire high levels of impact.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Organization Design and Development: Act as the organizational subject matter expert aligned to developing and maintaining the culture, enhancing our values and supporting the needs of the business to reach its objectives. Advocate for Snap’s strategy of building a global business locally and cultural approach.
- Collaborates: Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives. This includes maintaining dotted line relationships with other People functions in the region to ensure seamless, integrated delivery of People services.
- Optimizes Work Processes: Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on deploying local expertise and driving continuous improvement.
- Develops Talent: Develops people to meet both their career goals and the organization's goals and provides frameworks and facilitations that enables others to do so as well.
- Employee Relations: Ensure that the organization manages its employment programs within a clear framework that embodies corporate values and policies, while also complying with all local legal requirements.
- BS/BA Degree in Human Resources, Organization Development, Management, or related field or equivalent years of experience.
- 10+ years of experience in an international human resources, recruiting, talent management or related role.
- Advanced degree in Organizational Development, Human Resources, Management, Education or similar.
- 3+ years of experience in a supervisory role.
- 3+ years of experience with M&A and integration and global expansion
- 3+ years of experience leading large complex team with regional or global scale
- 3+ years of experience at a high tech, multi-national company
- 3+ years of experience working in a matrix environment, preferably developing strategies for developing highly effective matrix leadership teams.
- 3+ years of experience with managing complex HR programs, including policy design and development including experience leading change at scale.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Kind. Smart. Creative.