Highlight is an agile in-home product insights platform focused on CPG innovation. Highlight sends curated discovery boxes to its engaged community in exchange for feedback via their research-optimized app. Our platform boasts 90% survey completion rates, can get product in hands in days, and seamlessly collects qualitative feedback at scale. Highlight is a women-owned, minority-owned startup that’s growing to work with innovation and insights teams at companies like P&G, Mondelez, Nestle, Purell, Mars, and more. Highlight has brought together a community of brands and consumers that are united in their mission to create better products for all and democratized access to data for both emerging and enterprise brands.
We are looking for a HR Generalist/HR Manager (based on experience) to join our People Team, focused on supporting our growing, distributed team. You will be part of a founding People team working alongside a Recruiter and reporting to the Head of Talent. You will own People Operations, including benefits, employment law, unemployment, payroll, administration, onboarding/offboarding, and compensation. You will play a key role in the strategy and execution of key people programs such as engagement surveying, action planning, and performance management. You will own the development and implementation of policies and procedures at the company level. You will be responsible for championing our Humans First value and driving achievement of our company-level OKRs related to people impact, engagement, and belonging.
- Manage benefit plans and ensure we remain compliant and competitive
- Act as a resource for employee questions and needs
- Drive effectiveness of company and team onboarding processes
- Create policies that provide clarity and structure to our teams
- Ensure Highlight remains compliant with all employment laws
- Process payroll for exempt and non-exempt employees
- Administer our people tech stack (Rippling, CultureAmp, Electric, etc)
- Champion our engagement survey via communication, administration, and action planning
- Oversee our bi-annual Impact Review process
- Establish effective processes for facilitating people movement and pay changes
- Own all employee record-keeping and documentation
- Capture, organize, and report on our people data
- Take a heavy hand in company-wide communications, especially as it relates to People
- Deliver on People & company OKRs related to team performance, engagement, and belonging
- Champion DE&I programming and policies
- 3+ years as an HR Generalist, HR Manager, or other equivalent HR/People Operations role
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability to scale up people programs to meet the needs of growing teams and business
- Values-driven approach to people programming
- Knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, and employee relations
- Experience working directly with leaders across various business functions
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Empathetic communication
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Comfortable working with autonomy
- Startup experience preferred
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At Highlight, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful. We are committed to building a team that comes from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status. If you’re someone who can think rigorously and isn’t afraid to challenge assumptions, join us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Next-gen in-home product testing via mailer boxes. Leveraging tech to offer agile, targeted, robust product insights.