Senior Manager, HR Business Partner, Tech
Anywhere (North America)
Who we are and what we do
Deel is a global team that helps businesses hire anyone, anywhere, easily. Deel consists of more than two thousand self-driven individuals spanning over 100 countries. Our unified yet diverse culture keeps us continually learning and innovating the Deel platform and our products for customers.
Companies should be able to hire the best talent anywhere in the world, so we are building the best platform to make that a reality. Our market-leading technology, expertise, and global team are crucial to the success of Deel’s platform. We deliver the best products and platform features in our space, enabling millions of jobs worldwide and connecting the global workforce with the best companies and opportunities.
Why should you be part of Deel’s success story?
A 30-mile hiring radius should no longer dictate how companies hire because great talent lives everywhere. Deel sees a world without hiring borders and endless talent that pairs perfect candidates with great companies.
We offer global teams all the tools they need to hire, onboard, manage, pay, and scale at full speed. We aim to foster a diverse global economy by building a generational platform that seamlessly connects companies with talent worldwide.
After our successful Series D in 2021, we raised another $50M last year, doubling our valuation to $12B.
There’s never been a more exciting time to join Deel — the market leader in international payroll and compliance.
We’re building our internal People team to focus intentionally on continuously improving the engagement, development, and retention of people at Deel as we scale. We’re focused on aligning our people strategy to the overall business strategy and objectives to ensure we build programs, support, and services for the business and individuals achieving their goals.
HR Business Partners are the connective tissue between our centers of excellence on the core People team and the business. The role is critical to ensuring we are not building in a silo but rather building with a purpose we can articulate back to the business and see the future of work at Deel, then help develop a plan to get there.
What kind of person thrives in this role?
Experienced individuals who have successfully operated as people managers of HR business partners, leading significant change initiatives, internal communications strategies, performance management, team member relations, and connecting business strategy to people team programs and operations will be most successful in this role. Strong business acumen and business interest, an understanding of financial operations and metrics, and the ability to take raw data and build stories and analysis for the business are also critical for the role. Individuals comfortable working in ambiguity, standing up a People Partner sub-team from scratch, mentoring and coaching junior HR Business Partners, and educating the business on how to leverage and expect will also be vital as we build our network.
What You Get To Do
- As the most senior HR Business Partner on the Global Engineering, Product, and Data teams, you will advise and influence our Senior and Executive R&D Leaders through relationship building, delivering impact, and leveraging your experience, as well as the core People team, to solve critical business problems and complex challenges.
- Managing and mentoring HR Business Partners and working with them to think strategically and at scale while identifying gaps and areas of opportunity and resolving them with performance management and hands-on coaching.
- Partnering with other functional senior HR Business Partners to own the R&D business unit and bring learnings, feedback, and solutions to implement positive change across all business units and globally.
- Building and executing our people strategy aligned with our business goals by working in partnership with the business to understand what we must achieve deeply, then partnering across the People team and the business to build and deliver solutions.
- Leveraging your deep subject matter expertise in the people domain to proactively work in the business to ensure we are seeing the future of work at Deel and building programs to engage, retain, and develop our people throughout their careers with us while also ensuring we’re developing people for the future of jobs tomorrow at Deel.
- Coaching and developing our R&D team leaders and managers in change management, building high-performance teams, understanding and improving engagement, best practices in communication, and navigating difficult team member relations and terminations.
- Partnering across People Development, Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, and the business to ensure we’re setting people up for success from “yes to virtual desk” and “virtual desk through key employment milestones” through a deep understanding and mapping of our team member journeys.
- Leading through strategic workforce planning while balancing intentional organizational design with hyper-growth headcount plans and constant change. Designing the future of our organization in partnership with the business and mapping the current to the future state will be critical to partnerships with total rewards, talent acquisition, and financial planning and analysis.
- Effectively managing change across the business is guaranteed to be almost constant through communication, advocacy, collaboration, and planning. Thoughtful and intentional approaches to change management involve and educate the business as we build a stronger muscle for managing change.
- Advising total rewards and compensation design by partnering directly with our total rewards and talent acquisition teams to understand our philosophy, strategies, and data that will drive culture, engagement, and understanding, ensuring we maintain internal pay parity and transparency.
- Deploying and implementing new initiatives such as performance, compensation, development, and other initiatives into the business successfully through leveraging change champions, gaining leadership buy-in and understanding, and internal communication plans.
- Getting your hands dirty with everything from the foundational building of our systems and processes to mapping the experiences to data entry and operations improvements while balancing strategic planning and execution within the business.
- Project managing complex and scaling programs is the critical connector between the business and the People team. Finance, IT, Legal, Procurement, and other groups require assistance delivering programming within the business.
What You Bring
- 4+ years of people managing in an HR function, preferably HR Business Partners
- 10+ years of direct and relevant HR experience, preferably in an HR Business Partner or equivalent role
- Direct experience working closely with and supporting engineering, product, and data client groups, including teams and leaders across R&D
- Strong appreciation for and experience in building trusted advisor relationships within the business with managers and leaders at all levels
- Excitement for and deep expertise in, change management and internal communication strategies, as well as a high comfort level in ever-changing environments
- Ability to effectively balance high-level strategic planning and delivery with a gritty get-things-done mentality of doing the work that needs to be done at any level to build the foundation for scale
- Deep understanding and empathy for the global diversity of a fully remote and distributed workforce with a philosophy of treating people as humans, doing the right things, and meeting people where they are independent of where they sit in the world, race, gender, etc.
- Passion for storytelling with data and analytics with an ability to decipher raw data directly and translate it into actionable insights with a strategic plan
- Comfort with, and passion for, advocating for others even when it’s difficult or unpopular to do so from both a business and individual perspective
- Experience working in the business to understand business strategy and objectives and then deliver information back to the core People team and other stakeholders is a critical requirement.
- Comfort with working across multiple time zones with team members based around the globe.
- Love for collaboration and partnership with client groups, immediate HRBP team, and people ops organization.
- Willingness and excitement to build processes and policies from scratch, execute to the business, and manage change across your teams and company.
Our workforce deserves fair and competitive pay that meets them where they are. With scalable benefits, rewards, and perks, our total rewards programs reflect our commitment to inclusivity and access for all.
At Deel, you’ll enjoy:
- Computer equipment applicable to your role
- Stock grant opportunities
- Additional perks and benefits based upon your employment status and country
- The ability to choose where you work whether it be your home, the beach, or a WeWork
At Deel, we’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Bring the world to work