Greater Seattle Area (onsite)
We are looking for an HR Generalist to work with two of our Seattle area-based studios. The right candidate will provide day-to-day support to managers and employees. You will understand the studios’ needs and overall goals, culture, and challenges and collaborate with the HR Centers of Excellence (COEs) and PlayStation Studios (PSS) HRBP team to deliver valuable service and support. The ideal candidate will be passionate, have a sense of urgency for execution as well as natural curiosity, and the ability to deliver a positive employee service experience.
This role will be based on-site in Bellevue, WA 3 times a week and in Seattle, WA 2 times a week, reporting to the Sr. Director, HR Business Partner until April 2024. After April 2024, this role will report to the Sr. Manager, HR Business Partner.
- Promote positive employee relationships through communication and interpretation of HR policies.
- Create a positive onboarding experience to successfully welcome new hires.
- Provide responsive support to employees with questions and issues.
- Partners with studio management to drive a robust culture.
- Partners with HR Centers of Excellence to support business needs in areas such as learning and development for studio training needs.
- Be the first point of contact in handling all employment-related workflow processes.
- Conduct exit interviews and deliver findings to management to continuously improve the employee experience.
- Be the first point of contact on employee relations issues to conduct intake and hand off cases to the Employee Relations team to resolve.
- Analyze and make recommendations on existing HR policies, practices and programs and work with studio management to implement improvements.
- Maintain and oversee employee data, HR administrative procedures, and documentation processes.
- Assist the studio operations team with employee engagement and studio events.
- Assist with recruiting coordination as needed.
- Attend wider HR meetings and relay relevant information back to the studios on HR programs, upcoming changes and compliance information.
- Keep a pulse on employee engagement in the studios through check-ins with employees.
Required Knowledge / Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 3+ years previous experience and proven results within HR in a fast paced, high tech or creative environment
- Working knowledge of HR laws, federal regulations and Washington state laws.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and common sense regarding sensitive information is a must.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience working with people at all levels of the organization.
- Innovative and creative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to create and foster business relationships with managers and employees.
- High level of initiative and responsiveness with an aim to quickly resolve problems.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task and set priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Experience using Workday or any other HR system.
- A PHR or SHRM-CP certification
- Previous experience in the games or entertainment industry.
- Previous experience working with creative teams.
- PlayStation Fan
- Sense of humor
Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice for more information about how we process your personal information, and your data protection rights.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$75,800 — $113,800 USD
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Best post-apocalyptic games on PS4 and PS5